February 8, 2010

in season

on i go with my food quests.  i'm really trying to eat so good.  this requires me to eat more vegetables and fruits, which then requires me to be able to afford it.  so i can mostly afford the stuff that's in season.  i very much wish i could buy strawberries all year long, but for $5 for a tiny plastic container full of not so tasty strawberries, i find myself adapting.

so i quickly looked up which fruits and veggies are in season right now, and here's what i found.  basically a nice list of those lovies in season that i would eat are:  apples, brussel sprouts, kiwi, leeks, oranges, pear, persimmons, sweet potaotes and tangerines.  notice how the vegetables somehow do not make it to my extremeley edible list?  hey, i'm workin' on it!  it's going to be a life-long struggle, i think.  but i will make it!

what i'm really looking forward to is summer!!!  every single item on the summer list makes my skirt fly up into a frenzy.  cause, of course that's when i wear skirts.  oh!  and to church on sunday.  i can't help that i'm a jeans kind of gal.  i was just telling stephen that i could wear jeans every single day for the rest of my life and be completely satisfied.  that is, as long as they are levi's.  i heart levi's!  they are always in season to me!!


2 comments:

  1. You are too funny. I must say though, I am not a fan of any of the in-season veggies either. Ick. Beautiful pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum...you just need some good recipes for those veggies!

    ReplyDelete